We are ExamineDental, Examine Education Limited, a website providing online educational resources. We are the Data Controllers for any personal data you share with us.
We receive your information through a variety of ways including:
– When you register any account on the website
– When you purchase a product/subscription from the website
– When you communicate directly with us in person, via email or direct message via social media
– When you take part in competitions or promotions
– Through data freely available on the internet
We only aim to collect the minimum data required for us to provide a service for you.
We may collect any of the following information about you:
– Name, email, address and telephone number
– Order, subscription, transactional history and session usage data
– Notes saved on user profiles
– Digital identification date including, but not limited to, browser type and version, device usage and IP address
The information is stored on secure servers based in London, United Kingdom and managed by SiteGround Hosting Ltd.
Your information may be used in the following ways:
– To complete registration and subscription of products
– To serve website content and communications with you
– For analytical, statistical or survey purchases to improve the service we provide for you
– To help resolve problems and answer questions
– To obey laws and regulations
– To manage risk for ourselves and customers
– To exercise our rights as set out in contracts and agreements
You may opt out of marketing emails by unsubscribing in your profile. You cannot opt out of other activities as this will not allow the website to function correctly and deliver the service as intended or described.
We may use your information as a form of consent for the following, as well as in the legitimate interests section:
– To use your information for competitions and to contact you if you win
– To pay you, when required
– To communicate feedback or changes regarding the website with you
– To remedy customer enquiries that arise through any form of communication
– To send marketing emails, surveys and website updates to current and previous customers
As a user of the website, especially if you register and access a subscription, we will use your personal information for the following reasons:
– To service website content specific you
– To administer the website and other online products, including the mobile version
– To notify users of any offers, promotions or feedback surveys
– To backup your data in case of website or server failure
– For statistical or analytics use
– To store and backup user-generated content
If you do not complete a subscription correctly or provide incorrect data then we may not be able to effectively deliver our service.
This includes for compliance with laws, including tax. In addition, if we have concerns regarding your health then we may disclose this.
We will keep your data for as long as necessary in order to provide you a service. This allows you to gain access to your historical data and transaction history indefinitely. If you want to delete your account, then please contact us. Your personal details will still be on record for up to 3 years following this for legal reasons.
If you are subscribed to the mailing list then we will keep your data indefinitely. You are able to request to be removed from this list, however this may reduce your exposure to offers and therefore impact your experience of the website.
Any data collected in email format will be stored for up to 3 years.
If you request deletion of your data from our servers, this process will be carried out as soon as possible in line with our retention period. Your data will be manually removed from our servers as well as any associated platforms, such as marketing platforms, wholly and completely. Deletion may take some time to be fully propagated due to our data being delivered via a content delivery network.
We share data with third parties to enhance your experience of the website. These include:
– Stripe (Payment Gateway)
– MailChimp (Newsletter and Communications)
– Google Analytics (Website analysis)
– OptInMonster (Website lead generation)
– Facebook Pixel (Marketing)
In rare circumstances, we may share data with selected, GDPR-compliant companies outside of the EEA. We will obtain your consent prior to this.
We take security seriously as outlined in our terms and conditions. We strongly advise you not to share confidential information with us over email – we will never ask for this over email.
Please remember to log out of your account if you are using a public device.
As set out in our Terms and Conditions, this website is designed for adults over the age of 18 or children with parental consent when considering applying to dental school. If we find that children are using this platform without parental consent, we will swiftly act to suspend this activity and investigate further to ensure correct consent is obtained.
You have a right to be informed:
– We have to tell you about the ways we collect and process your data, how long we keep it, who we share it with and what they do with it.
– We have to tell you whether your data will be transferred out of the EEA, where and whether it will be safe.
– We have to tell you what rights you have in respect of the personal data we hold about you, and the consequences of not providing your data.
– We have to tell you what you can do in the event of your rights being violated.
– We have to tell you where we obtained your data from if not directly from you.
You have the right of access:
– We hold various types of personal information about you. We are legally obliged to provide you with a copy of this data, should you request it.
– We will try to resolve queries of this nature informally with you, if appropriate. This may involve telling you the information that you need via email, or over the phone.
– If you have any doubt about the accuracy or lawfulness of the processing of your personal data, you have the right to make a ‘Subject Access Request’ (SAR). We will provide this information to you within one month of receiving the request. If the request is excessive or complex, we may extend the duration of this response period by two months, and reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to cover administrative costs.
– We will not provide personal data where it adversely affects the rights of other individuals, or is protected by legal privilege.
To request any information or make a SAR, please contact us.
If you discover an error in the personal information that we hold about you, you have the right to rectification. If you notify us of a rectification, we will, without undue delay, and within one month, correct the records that we hold internally, and with any third party data processors that we employ.
As with a Subject Access Request, If the request is excessive or complex, we may extend the duration of this response period by two months.
You have the right to restrict processing
We do not carry out any activities or decision-making based on automated processes. If you believe this may be occurring, you have the right to restrict/stop your data being processed in this way. If we dispute the fact that information we hold is inaccurate, and request more time to rectify this, you have the right to request that data processing is restricted.
You have the right to raise concern for breaches in confidentiality
We aim to maintain confidentiality of your data where appropriate and should any breach occur, we will act as soon as we are aware to rectify this and we will contact you to inform you of our actions. If, however, you feel we have not addressed a situation appropriately or you have other concerns regarding confidentiality, you may contact your Local Supervisory Authority to discuss this further.
You have the right to object to the following:
– Direct marketing
– Processing for research, statistical purposes or legitimate interests
You have the right to withdraw consent
You have the right to erasure:
– If there is a problem with the use of your data, you have a right to request that your data is erased and this will be carried out in accordance with the information stated above.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us.
If you have any concerns, please contact us.